Monday, March 10, 2008

Off The Beaten Path; Day 5; Dave Kincaid




Let me state out front – I’ve known Dave Kincaid for years. Always thought his band, The Brandos, were one great rock and roll outfit. I was honored to have Dave play banjo & mandolin on my debut CD (Blue Moon Revisited) – and oh yeah – that’s him singing the great harmony vocal on the title track as well!!

So, after years of rocking around this globe, Dave comes along with this side project: Dave Kincaid: The Irish Volunteer:
http://hauntedfieldmusic.com/Description.html


These two CDs are ‘must haves’ for any fan of Irish music, Civil War history, or just really great music in general. I was lucky enough to tour with Dave and I got to play a lot of these songs. My personal fave; “My Father’s Gun”

So … on Day 5, I’m offering up some really great music. Here’s a little info that I took from his website:

Recognized as both musician and historian, David Kincaid presents a compelling combination of the songs and history of the Irish in the American Civil War. Years of research, recording and performing experience have been translated into two critically acclaimed albums; “THE IRISH VOLUNTEER” and “THE IRISH-AMERICAN’S SONG,” collections of authentic Irish songs of both the Union and the Confederacy. Having performed at a variety of Irish/Celtic festivals, historical sites and folk music venues across the US, as well as European tours, David’s music has also been used in several documentary films, and he was engaged as a consultant and performer in the Hollywood Civil War film release “Gods and Generals.” David Kincaid performs in period clothing, presenting an engaging, all-ages program appealing to both history buff and the Irish/Celtic music fan alike.

So there ya’ go … a rock & roller with an Irish history heart.
What more do you need to know????

Go check out his website:

http://hauntedfieldmusic.com/index.html

Take a listen to his stuff. Order it!!! And then enjoy one of my favorite musicians that still keeps the fire burning.

No comments: