Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Music Geek's Valentine

Hey Folks!!

Here we go … Valentine's Day. Well, this song is for every guy (myself included) who always thought that giving a girl a “mix tape” was a better idea that giving her a dozen roses.

Good luck on Valentine's Day 2008!
Scott

Pat & Joanne

This Canadian singer was singing along
When Pat leaned over and whispered to me
If I could write my wife a love song
This is the song that that song would be

And as I stood there in this downtown bar
This idea well it just came to me
When I'd get home I'd pull out my guitar
And lend my voice to all my friends who think music's the key

This is for Pat and Joanne
He just wants to tell you he can't believe he's still he's your man
You bring him love - you bring him peace
He brings you tapes with songs that have yet to be released
And that's his way of saying I love you

Now the songs that played thru every slow dance
That let us boys believe we actually stood a chance
End up on mix tapes that we give you with our hearts
Hoping that you won't tear us apart

And when we find the ones who don't laugh cause we believe
It's truly important to have the import picture sleeve
They're the ones that would hold on to tight
Like an unplayed first release of The Beatle “Hard Days Night”

This is for Pat and Joanne
He out kicked his coverage - he married up - he's a lucky man
Just like all the rest of us
Who music has helped along
Who played our loves a record
Cause our own words never felt as strong
To all the crazy women
Who went with us to some small time bar
Just so we could listen to some guy with an old guitar
Cause that's how we say, 'I love you'

No comments: